We meet at 7.30 in the evening, on the third Thursday of each month at Christ Church Hall BA12 9NS. This is located, first left as you go into Upper Marsh Road from Weymouth Street and opposite the Church.
Programme for 2017
Please note each month will have a topic bracketed in blue for discussion and advice.
- January 19th AGM, selection of trees Swindon show. Prize giving
- February 16th Repotting & general workshop.(Maples & winter pruning)
- March 16th Repotting & general workshop and Zelkovas revisited. ( Beech)
- April 20th General workshop.(Larch, wiring & feeding)
- May 18th General workshop.(Hornbeam & Maples, defoliation & pruning)
- June 15th General workshop, Zelkovas revisited. ( Conifers ,Jins & Sharis)
- July 20th Table top sale and auction.
- August 17th Talk by Chris Thomas on native species.
- September 21st General workshop. (Pines & Junipers)
- October 19th General workshop, Zelkovas revisited.( Flowering, fruiting & Ginko,s)
- November 16th General workshop.(Any tree, winter preparation, Lime Sulphur)
- December 15th Christmas social, please note date could change for venue availabilty watch for more details and Hank Yarde Trophy.
- Saturday workshop 25th November with Lee Verhorevoort
These are open meetings and all persons interested are welcome, the topics are varied but mainly consist in general care and welfare of Bonsai. Members are encouraged to bring in trees to work on, and the membership covers everyone from the experienced to the most basic beginner. Even if you perhaps are not looking to join a club but have a bonsai and need some help – come along to one of our evenings and we will aim to help.