We meet at 7.30 in the evening, on the third Thursday of each month at Christ Church Hall BA12 9NS. This is located, first left as you go into Upper Marsh Road from Weymouth Street and opposite the Church.
Programme for 2018
Please note each month will have a topic bracketed in blue for discussion and advice.
- January 18th AGM, selection of trees Swindon show. Prize giving
- February 15th Repotting & general workshop.(Maples & winter pruning)
- March 15th Repotting & general workshop and Zelkovas revisited. ( Beech)
- April 19th Clinker workshop Trevor Bannister.(Selection of trees for Wessex show).
- May 17th General workshop.(Hornbeam & Maples, defoliation & pruning) Selection of trees for Cactus show.
- June 21st General workshop, Zelkovas revisited. ( Azaleas) Selection of trees for Salisbury 30th Anniversary Show
- July 19th. Speaker Robert Stewart
- August 16th General workshop (Conifers & Ginkgos, Jins & Sharis ).
- September 20th General workshop. (Pines & Junipers)Selection of trees for Heathrow show.
- October 18th General workshop, Zelkovas revisited.( Flowering, fruiting)
- November 15th General workshop.(Any tree, winter preparation, Lime Sulphur)
- December 20th AGM & Christmas social, please note date could change for venue availabilty watch for more details and Hank Yarde Trophy.
- Saturday workshop November with Lee Verhorevoort
These are open meetings and all persons interested are welcome, the topics are varied but mainly consist in general care and welfare of Bonsai. Members are encouraged to bring in trees to work on, and the membership covers everyone from the experienced to the most basic beginner. Even if you perhaps are not looking to join a club but have a bonsai and need some help – come along to one of our evenings and we will aim to help.