We meet at 7.30 in the evening, on the third Thursday of each month at Christ Church Hall BA12 9NS. This is located, first left as you go into Upper Marsh Road from Weymouth Street and opposite the Church.
Programme for 2020
- January 16th General workshop repotting & wiring. Selecting of trees for Swindon show.
- February 20th General workshop repotting & wiring. Advice on repotting. Selecting suitable bonsai materials.
- March 19th General workshop repotting & wiring. Yews revisited
- April 16th Speaker Collette Harrison from Southampton Bonsai all tree critique bring in your trees for discussion & advice.
- May 21st General workshop bring in your trees that you are having any problems with . Zelkovas revisited.
- June 18th Talk by Paul Eslinger on Azaleas.
- July 16th. General workshop. Members talk /discussion on defoliation. Bring your trees along for help & advice.
- August 20th General workshop feeding & watering. Yews revisited.
- September 17th Speaker Chris Thomas All tree critique chance to review your trees progress or restyle before winter.
- October 15th General workshop preparing trees for winter. , Zelkovas revisited.
- November 19th general workshop.
- December 17th AGM & Christmas social, best decorated tree.
- Saturday workshops 25th April and 16th May with Chris Thomas
- Saturday workshop 21st November with Lee Verhorevoort
These are open meetings and all persons interested are welcome, the topics are varied but mainly consist in general care and welfare of Bonsai. Members are encouraged to bring in trees to work on, and the membership covers everyone from the experienced to the most basic beginner. Even if you perhaps are not looking to join a club but have a bonsai and need some help – come along to one of our evenings and we will aim to help.