We meet at 7.30 in the evening, on the third Thursday of each month at Christ Church Hall BA12 9NS. This is located, first left as you go into Upper Marsh Road from Weymouth Street and opposite the Church.
Programme for 2019
- January 17th General workshop repotting & wiring. Selection of trees for Swindon show.
- February 21st General workshop repotting & wiring.
- March 21st General workshop repotting & wiring.
- April 18th Workshop Thermal Block Carving. Zelkovas revisited, Selection of trees for Wessex show.
- May 16th Mark Kerry on Acers. Presentation & critique
- June 20th General workshop summer care feeding & watering.
- July 18th. Colette Harrison on Satsuki,s and other flowering species.
- August 15th General workshop continuation on feeding & watering.
- September 19th General workshop. Wiring & styling Pines Selection of trees for Heathrow show.
- October 17th General workshop, Zelkovas & Yews revisited.
- November 21st Pot making with Tony Oswin.
- December 19th AGM & Christmas social, best decorated tree.
- Saturday workshop November with Lee Verhorevoort
These are open meetings and all persons interested are welcome, the topics are varied but mainly consist in general care and welfare of Bonsai. Members are encouraged to bring in trees to work on, and the membership covers everyone from the experienced to the most basic beginner. Even if you perhaps are not looking to join a club but have a bonsai and need some help – come along to one of our evenings and we will aim to help.